Checked in on Cy this morning and he's had a lot of visitors per usual. Tracy, Amy, and Ann are here---Cy really perked up when Tracy walked in. He's still using the breathing tube but the nurses are hoping to remove it later today. Cy and his parents will have a discussion with the oncologist this afternoon regarding his overall prognosis and treatment plan. Soon, they are going to let him get some sunshine in the courtyard.
On another note, Cy was listening to the Who when Kevin and I were in the room. Shannon drew him a really neat picture. That's all for now.
Currently, I drive to Duke Hospital M-F. If anyone in Raleigh wants to see Cy, but wants save gas, doesn't have a car, etc drop me a line. You can either ride in with me, my office is two blocks away, and then take the TTA back home or take the bus in and ride home with me at 4:30pm. Or if you want to go round trip, there is plenty to do in & around the area.
Also right outside the Medical Center Bookstore (and people can point you in the direction), every other Friday is a farmer's market with lunch vendorshttp://www.hr.duke.edu/
Here are the ideas and offers we have so far. At Jessica's suggestion, I will try to put together a Google Document (???) with all of these ideas and people who want to create committees for organizing (Ben D's suggestion) can sign on and get connected.
- Ash B is interested in participating in a fund raiser rock show.
- Tannis Root is interested in offering their services to make shirts (A "Cy Rawls has a posse" shirt perhaps?--Nicole Triche's idea)
- Ben Davis is organizing a Run for Rawls
- Some folks want to do an eBay sale of stuff for Cy
- An art auction has been discussed
- A craft sale was discussed
- A popular member of a popular band on a popular label in the area (hawhawhaw---sssssssseeeeeecrets) has offered to try to put a show together.
- Frank and Glenn are looking at dates for shows at the Cradle and 506 respectively.
- Cy Rawls tip jars at the businesses he frequents
Fundraising info I have gleaned from others:
- No accounts should be put in Cy's or his parents' names as that would be considered assets by bill-collectors and The Man.
- We need to make sure Cy's monthly bills are paid to keep his credit in check. I'll mention that to his folks today.
You guys are absolutely incredible. Please keep visiting Cy. He needs to positive vibes in there.
More as we know it.