Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Outback, et al.

Hey folks,

I wanted to remind people to keep looking at the events calendar linked on the right to see what events are coming up to help Cy. While the posts have slowed, the bills are still building up. I better see y'all at Polvo! Cy, will you be out there?

Dave and I have been out of town for a while, so I haven't seen Cy in a couple of weeks. He told me via e-mail that he was able to get out to a wedding last weekend, and he's itching to continue to get out some more. Dave and I hope to hit La Casa de Rawls this weekend if he's not busy, so we'll check back this weekend. (I imagine, Cy, that it's a little weird to post for yourself saying how you're feeling, so I'll be happy to report back if'n you'd like.)

Also, in case people aren't reading the comments, Kathy posted info about a yummy fundraiser for Cy. You need to RSVP for the event! Here's what she said:


Let's Go Outback for Cy!
(I also came up with this one: "So Begins Our Wallaby")

ANYWAY, after "getting jiggy" with Birds of Avalon, Rosebuds and Superchunk Friday night, come out to a tasty and nutrient-rich buffet lunch at Outback Steakhouse at 3500 Mt. Moriah Road, Durham, by New Hope Commons, from noon-1, Saturday, Aug. 30. For $20, you get chicken AND steak, salad, mashed potatoes and a drink, with ALL PROCEEDS going to the cause. Eat in, or take out. Pay by cash or check (made out to Cy Rawls Benevolence Fund) at the door. There are only 50 spots for this event, so please RSVP through the Evite posted below.

Here's the link to RSVP:
http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/XMINYFFWWYNCVQOFWWLC/outbacklunchforcy

You gotta eat, and you pretty much also got to keep on helping out Cy and family. Come on out! All props go to Bryan Harris, Outback manager, and his wife Jessica for arranging this lunch fund-raiser.

-Kathy Higgins

3 comments:

[Redacted] said...

I imagine many of you all saw this article already, but for those who did not, the N&O covered Cy and the benefits efforts today (my Mom called me this morning to tell me) . . .

News and Observer: Musicians put on show of support for ailing fan

Barry said...

Don't forget about the WXY-Cy! Dance Party Saturday night at Local 506!

Anonymous said...

If you want a meal, but can't make it to Durham that day, RSVP yes on the evite and make a note that you'd like your meal delivered. I will make a delivery of meals to the Crabtree parking lot at 1:30 that day :)
Jessica & Bryan Harris