Friday, August 1, 2008

Chillin'

Dave and I went over to see Cy this afternoon. He looks great, a little logy perhaps, but he looks great. He said he doesn't get up and around much. He has a hospital bed set up in the family room of his folks' house where he grew up. He has pretty much everything he needs at his disposal and looks pretty comfortable.

For the record, he no longer needs weights or rides to his treatments. Those have all been taken care of. His dad said they had about a dozen callers offering to help with transportation, so thanks to all who offered to help. The Rawlses are very grateful for the love and concern they are receiving from everyone.

Cy is, however, hurting for some strawberry Goodberry's ice cream. I told him I'd put the word out. If you plan to bring some by, please post here so he doesn't end up with 50 gallons of strawberry ice cream. For the record, Mr. Rawls did ask us last week not to bring dairy. I'm just saying. I don't want to be responsible for...well, anything...ever. :)

Apparently, Foster's Market brought by dinner for his family the other day. Cy joked that he was surprised they wanted anything to do with him after he "freaked out in their restaurant." Classic. I argued that he should tell them that all of this is a really bad case of food poisoning.

Cy will be receiving his radiation treatments until the middle of August. He seems to be tolerating the chemo and the radiation surprisingly well. He has had seven treatments and he said they get shorter and shorter every time. He said they just run this thing over his head for about fifteen minutes. They've been playing Sade during his last three treatments. Is that good? I have no idea. The chemo makes him a little barfy, but not nearly to the degree he had expected!

Be ready if you go by: there are LOTS of adorable Cy pictures in the house that you NEED to get a load of.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is good they've been playing Sade. Cy, I know loves her & once told me he had a Sade poster in his room.

Anonymous said...

Does Cy still need a laptop? I have an oldish Powerbook that I could lend out. It needs to be plugged in, but otherwise works fine, especially just for wireless internet and DVDs. I'm going out of town but could leave it with someone here in Durham to get to Cy.

tracy said...

Laptop is no longer needed. Thanks though!